1. Maintain and operate the jacking system and ensure that 4 equal leg load distribution is maintained at all times.
2. Assist rig move master during barge moves, maintains proper ballast, Controls jacking console during installation mobilization and pre-loading operations and ensure that rig is stable and safe before rig operations commence.
3. Performs stability calculations, perform load calculations to ensure that the rig is maintained in a stable condition at all times and advise the rig Master if a possible overload condition could occur.
4. Supervises cranes lifting operations according to load charts, loading and offloading of materials and equipment to ensure equal weight distribution of the barge and cranes are operational and certificate are up to date and verify that crane operators are licensed and certified.
5. Responsible For Preparing the Barge for Move ( Perform The Stability Calculations in the Afloat and Jacking condition, Perform the Preload calculations and legs loads, prepare all the Machinery for Moving, insuring that all the safety precautions have been done before the move.
6. Ensure that proper and safe operating procedures for all machinery are followed.
7. Responsible for the effective administration of the routine and planned maintenance system on the rig.
8. Maintain inventory of all equipment: supplies and spare parts on board and notify reorder needed items.
9. Ensure and Coordinate with the master that all safety equipment on board is operational and that all personnel are familiar with the operation of this equipment and are trained to react in the event of a hydrocarbon release or fire and are familiar with life boat drills.
10. Ensure that records and manuals relating to operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical system are kept up to date.
11. Calculating the Fuel Consumption and responsible for the bunkering operation.
12. Supervises cleaning, painting and construction projects in Engine room (Repowering Procedure).
13. Responsible for company technical reporting and engine crew Evaluation Reports to the Offshore Installation Manager (OIM).
14. Implementing of MODU SPEC Code requirement on board the barge.