We have a excellent opportunity to join a well respected energy company with a global presence and solid reputation in the marketplace.
Due to the succesful nature of our clients business and their continued growth they now have a requirement for an Electrical Field Support Technician to complement their Electrical Plant and Systems Group.
The main crux of the role will be providing Engineering and Technical Support services in all aspects of Electrical Engineering to Hard Coal & Gas UK and overseas.
The position will require you offering Technical Support In The Following Areas
- Excitation systems;
- HV Testing;
- Electrical protection;
- Liaising with station engineers and other EPS group members;
- Co-ordinating less complex tasks, including site work involving the above electrical competencies.
Ideally we are looking for a candidate with the following skills base;
- HNC / HND Electrical Engineering;
- Possess a broad understanding of the electrical equipment associated with generating electricity on an industrial scale;
- Ability to interpret AC and DC electrical schematic diagrams;
- Ability to interpret wiring diagrams;
- Sound practical knowledge and experience in the support and maintenance of power plant equipment, including the use of 3 phase secondary injection equipment, chart recorders and oscilloscopes;
- Familiar with electrical fault finding techniques and able to use equipment associated with this such as multi meters and insulation resistance instruments;
- IPAF operator and Working at Height;
- First aid at Work;
- Familiar with a broad range of electrical plant and appropriate Standards for equipment care, operation and maintenance;
- Excellent communication and report writing skills;
- Effective time management skills;
- Ability to maintain high levels of drive and energy, setting personally challenging targets;