EPC Projects & Infrastructure
competitive salary package
- Review contract documents and identify requirements and scope of work for project execution. Review specifications, drawings and other documents.
- Establish contract review criteria, identify and resolve discrepancies and divergences from original proposal through the instigation of technical queries to Projects/Client.
- Identify critical engineering parameters and establish deliverables e.g. specifications, datasheets, drawings, stress analysis, isometrics, bill of materials and other applicable deliverables.
- Monitor and control project manhour requirements during project execution, identify variations between contract and proposal. Take corrective action as necessary. Create manpower charts for task assignments, establish target completion dates, ensure target dates are achieved. Maintain project schedules and ensure allotted man hours, deadlines and cost requirements are strictly adhered to. Recommend cost effective measures to reduce overall costs.
- Monitor productivity of engineers and quality of work produced.
- Apportion work among engineering staff according to the capabilities.
- Supervise the work and ensure that the documents are updated regularly as needed. Resolve design irregularities.
- Coordinate on technical issues with other Engineering Disciplines as required.
- Provide the necessary inputs/data to other disciplines as per the requirements and procedures.
- Supervise the preparation of conceptual/study layouts and designs and provide necessary inputs for engineering and design.
- Obtain the required inputs from other engineering disciplines e.g. mechanical data sheets, foundation and structure details, instrument specifications and other necessary data.
- Provide guidance for performing calculations as per the relevant pipeline codes and standards.
- Supervise the stress analysis of pipeline systems through the use of Caesar II software and preparation of stress analysis reports, incorporating contract specifications and international codes. Resolve design irregularities. Monitor the transfer of Pipeline loads to Civil Discipline, coordinate on technical issues as required.
- Monitor the preparation and issue of engineering drawings and technical documents for Interdisciplinary Design Checks (IDC’s). Review and integrate comments and inputs of other engineering discipline into the relevant documents.
- Supervise the preparation and issue of Inquiry Requisitions to vendors. Participate in technical bid evaluations. Review vendor drawings, documents and design calculations. Ensure vendor equipment specifications meet with client equipment specifications and within budgeted costs
- Coordinate Material Take-off (MTO) activities, identify irregularities, discrepancies and shortfalls, take corrective action as required.
- Oversee of the Material Management system (VPRM) incorporating the project specifications. Update and maintain the system to incorporate the latest material requirements.
- Administer the preparation and issue of Purchase Requisitions for the procurement of equipment and materials. Coordinate with Procurement and provide necessary assistance to Expedite.
- Meet with vendor representatives, inspect vendor works and workshops and provide assistance to Quality Department as required.
- Interface with Client representatives as required for resolving any technical issues.
- Conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule, allotted man hours and budgeted costs. Coordinate with Projects and Planning Departments on schedule related issues.
For more information on this role contact Matthew on firstname.lastname@example.org