Due to business growth and demand of our clients operations, maintenance and asset management services we are looking to recruit wind and solar farm operational controllers, who will report directly to the asset management team leader and support the operations business.
To control, co-ordinate and monitor operational activities across the operations portfolio to ensure the safe and efficient execution of site activity and accurate recording of site performance.
• Manage the day-to-day Work Control process across the wind and solar farm portfolio on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis as part of a shift rotation operations team.
• Ensure safe, efficient and compliant operation of the wind farm portfolio.
• Remote Re-setting of Wind Turbine faults to maximise energy capture across the wind farm portfolio.
• Responsible for the Transfer of Control of the Wind Turbine Generator Plant and/or LV Apparatus, under the Wind Turbine Safety Rules (WTSR).
• Real-time updating of energy trading related IT systems.
• Interface with the Energy Management operational control desk to ensure that optimal output.
• Monitor site SCADA & CCTV systems to ensure that safe operational conditions are maintained.
• In the event of emergency situations initiation of appropriate response procedures.
• Receive and initiate instructions as required from the Transmission and Distribution Network operators.
• Help to ensure that only Competent Persons are approved for working on the wind and solar farms.
• Act as Emergency contact on all Operational sites in the event of an Emergency, and initiate the relevant emergency procedure.
• Control work orders for routine and non-routine maintenance work.
• Ensure that training records and medical records for those that are permitted to climb turbines on sites are correct and up to date.
• If necessary to assist the H&S Team in the organisation of Working at Height Training and Medicals.
• To assist with other H&S or Operational duties as required.